For full trip details, click on a walk from the list below:
- Bodiam Castle National Trust Site Venture inside the ruins of a 14th-century showpiece castle.
- Fortress of the Black Swans Tour the fairytale moated palace of Leeds Castle.
- King Beorthwulf's Gardens Visit the private gardens of a stately home in Hertfordshire.
- River Towns of Essex Explore the charming riverside villages of Essex.
- The Seven Sisters White Cliffs Experience the windswept grandeur of the English Channel.
- Cream Teas at Tiptree Sample cream teas and jam on a visit to the Tiptree jam factory.
- Ivinghoe Beacon & the Chiltern Hills Enjoy breathtaking scenery just an hour out of London.
- New Forest Ramble through the woods of an old royal hunting ground and mingle with wild horses.
- Stonehenge English Heritage Site Discover Stonehenge as the ancients did on foot!
- West Somerset Steam Railway Take a walk in apple country and ride a steam train to the seaside.
Landscapes of The Old Masters, a walk from London to Amsterdam, 1427 April 2013
The Western Front Expedition, a walk from London to Paris, 5 September31 October 2014
For information about participating in English Country Walks Expeditions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Concept, design and content © David Wenk